Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nolans birth

I figured out I can post from my iPad! Awesomeness. I was going through my Facebook messages today and found one from my cousin who is a vlogger. She had sent me a link to another vlog about adoption. Anyways after checking out the videos, I decided I needed to get nolans birth and adoption story written. Not that I think I could ever forget, but still. So here goes. This last year and a half has been a total roller coaster ride. I have changed jobs twice,moved,etc. Well the hubby and I made the decision to buy a house, and that was a huge long process. About February I was getting sooo depressed. After looking at what seemed like thousands of houses, we finally one! But it seemed to take forever till closing. Anywho when we finally closed we had tons of work to do. So needless to say the last few months have been stressful.I tell you this so you can understand what kind of place I was in. Well April 15th happens. A horrible tornado hits my hometown and friends lose homes, businesses destroyed. It also pushes back our home update. I went to bed the night after the tornado feeling so defeated and down. In fact I think I probably cried myself to sleep that night (not just for me but for those affected by the tornado). For some reason I woke up at 5 am and felt the need to check our adoption email, which before I rarely did. We had an email from a young woman who said she might be interested in placing her child with us. Well we also had an email from our social worker asking how our house was cause he might have a placement for us. There may have been some excitement and waking my hubby up to show him the emails. Later that morning I called the social worker and he explained that he had not yet met this young woman but had an appointment with her that afternoon. Oh and to make it more interesting they told us her due date was the next day. After I got off work I still had not heard from him, so I asked my husband if I could call. He said no, give him time. We waited about an hour and finally gave in and called. First words were "I've got good news and bad news". Good news being she had chosen us and bad news we had drive a week later to meet her. So a week later we were on the road to meet this sweet girl. I should mention here that a few days before we met we received a call from our social worker saying that there might be a few problems. Which I'm not gonna go into. Anyways we arrived and spent about 30 minutes or so talking with our social worker. We were made aware of the potential problems before he brought the birthmother in. When he left, I was feeling a tad nervous, but my honey and I looked at each other and we both just felt an incredible peace. For the next little while we talked to the birth mom and got to know her. I explained why we are unable to have our own children and just broke down and cried. We explained how appreciative we are to her for her sacrifice. Well about two weeks later we found out drs had gotten her due date wrong, so we were no longer sure when baby would arrive. Fast forward to may 11th. I got the "phone call" that every adoptive parent waits for. There's a baby coming! So I quickly left work and was gonna meet the hubby for lunch since we didn't know how long it'd take for baby to come. Well on my way we got another call saying to get there as soon as we could. We quickly packed a bag and hit the road. We arrived at the hospital and our sweet baby boy was born a couple hours later. We couldn't stay at the hospital cause they didn't have enough room for us but it worked out ok. The next day we spent several hours with Nolan and his birth mom before the social worker arrived to do the placement. Our angel birth mom had a few moments with him and then placed him in my arms. I will admit I cried like a baby. What an emotional moment. The hospital released her to leave and we spent the night at the hospital with Nolan. We came home Sunday, which was also mothers day. So that's it in a nutshell. Nolan is the biggest blessing to our family. He is truly amazing. He amazes me every day. God truly hears and answers our prayers. We are truly grateful and humbled by his birth mother for her sacrifice. I hope to get a computer sometime soon so I can post pics and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a roller coaster ride you have been on!Congrats on the new baby! He is adorable and so lucky to have you as a mom! :)

    ReplyDelete